Monday, August 28, 2006

Welcome to Israel

........My First Sunset from Mount Zion........
This is our third day here in Israel, though it feels like we've been here weeks. I have actually lost track of time so much that I caught myself going to call my mom twice in the same day, thinking it was a few days later and about time to give her a call. The city is incredible! My school sits right on top of Mount Zion overlooking the valley of Hinnom - aka. gehinna, Hell. In the brief time we've been here I've spent over fifteen hours hiking around the city! Naturally one would think Ben and I would have no problem falling asleep at night, but the past three nights have been late nights for us due to the excessive amount of topics we've been talking about :) Life is good. It's also a bit overwhelming since we're living in one of the most important cities in the Bible, but I love being here.

Here are a few more pictures from the past few days:


........ JUC- my dorm building ........
we live in a castle, how crazy is that?



........The Holy Sepulchre - the stone of anointment........

- this stone was supposedly the stone Jesuswas laid on for His burial preparation.
people kiss it so receive blessing from God. I kissed it too... just not for the blessing



........Our field study through the old city of Jerusalem........




........ I took this picture of a picture of Jerusalem ........

My school is the small building in the bottom. The top is old Jerusalem.

No comments: